Women cannot go out without a bag on their hands or shoulders. We will show you how to make canvas tote bags, denim/denim tote bags, and gift bags. Thus, here are the steps of how to make handmade bags.
1. How to make handmade bag ~Tote bag~
Before you do anything, you have to prepare for it. To make a handmade tote bag, you need to follow these steps.
1.1. How to make handmade bag ~preparation~
In order to make a cute handmade bag, you need to prepare the necessary tools in advance. Here you are:
- Fabric: Two rectangular pieces to make a tote bag.
- Scissors: Cut fabric.
- Tape measure: Measure the length of the tote you want.
- Sewing Machine: Sew pieces together to create the perfect tote bag. Ironing machine: Iron the fabric and fold it.
1.2. How to make handmade bag – in the process
Have you got your essentials ready? Now let’s get down to business.
The first step in making a handmade bag: measuring the fabric
The measurement procedure is important as it should give you an idea of the size of the tote you want. Here are some reference sizes to choose from:
- Large: 22″ (55.88cm) x 15″ (38.1cm)
- Medium: 16″ (40.64cm) x 15″ (38.1cm)
- Small: 33.02 cm (13″) x 30.48 cm (12″)
- Strap length: 43 inches (110 cm)
Here we are making an inner bag. So measure your fabric and mark the spot.
How to make a handmade bag part 2: Cut the fabric
Be careful with this step. The best scissors for you are the ones that are specialized for the clothing industry.
- Next, the fabric should be cut into two pieces according to the marked locations.
How to make a handmade bag ③: Iron the fabric
- After cutting the fabric, it needs to be ironed flat to give the tote bag a nice look.
How to make a handmade bag STEP4: Sew the fabric
Please be careful when handling the sewing machine. If you are not used to it, you can sew by hand.
- First attach the two pieces of fabric by sewing them to the front.
- Fold over and sew at the back.
Now you have a tote bag. But are we missing something? Oh yeah, handles.
The fifth step in making a handmade bag: the handle
A tote bag is not a tote bag without handles. The length of the strap is specified in advance.
- As in the previous step, you’ll need to measure, cut and sew the straps. But before we can do that, we first need to fold it like this:
- Foldable straps keep the thickness and appearance of the tote perfect. Then go to next step.
- After folding them you will need to sew them to hold them in place.Please note that this part is smaller than the main part of the bag.
- Again, as with tote bags, ironing is recommended to smooth out the straps. Then sew it onto the tote bag. Tada-san, congratulations on your first handmade!
Maybe you are into: http://hoamoclan.org/these-trendy-handbags-are-for-this-year-trend/
1.3. How to make handmade bag ~Tips for correct mixing~
A tote bag is the bag most used by women. Here are some recommended ways to use handmade tote bags.
- This is a casual style for students to go to school or meet friends.It is convenient and simple at the same time.
- You can upgrade your look with a patterned tote bag at work. You can use different fabrics according to your taste.
- If it’s a vacation tote bag, then vibrant colors and neon colored fabrics can be used to help you stand out from the crowd.
If you are looking for leather purses, then These Leather Backpack Purses Should Be In Your Wishlist