Long hair always looks amazing, but taking care of it takes time, and if it is done properly, your hair might get tangled and frizzy. That is why we have given our top hair care tips for long hair that you can try at home.
Why is hair care tips for long hair important
Smooth, shiny long hair is the desire of many women. Polluted environment, exposure to sunlight, etc in your daily lift is one of the major factors which make the hair damaged, broken and dry. Just with the simple hair care tips for long hair below, you will own beautiful soft shiny long hair as desired.
To follow these hair care for long hair, you need to understand the mechanism of hair growth. Besides, women’s hair often has a longer growth cycle than men. Every day, the average healthy person loses 10-100 strands of hair. If the amount of hair loss is abnormal and faster than the growth rate of new hair follicles, the hair will become thin and even cause baldness.
Amazing hair care tips for long hair you can try at home
Long hair gives an extremely feminine and attractive look, but at the same time, taking care of long hair is not an easy task. That is why, we have listed down 3 hair care tips for long hair that you can easily try at home.
Wash your hair properly: hair care tips for long hair
Many people still think that washing their hair regularly is a good thing. However, the frequency of shampooing, the temperature of the water, choosing the right shampoo, etc have a major effect on the length and health of the hair. We highly recommend you follow our best hair care tips for long hair below:
- Do not wash your hair with too hot water is the number one hair care tips for long hair when washing your hair. It can dry your scalp and cause damage to your hair. When the hair is dehydrated, it leads to dryness and split ends. Wash your hair with cold, cool or lukewarm water only. This is an important hair care tips for long hair since when using cold water to wash your hair, it helps to lock the cuticle on the hair shaft and maintain moisture for the hair.
- Do not use too much shampoo is the number two hair care tips for long hair when washing your hair. We often have the habit of taking too much shampoo for each wash. However, using too much shampoo can strip away the scalp’s natural oils, leaving hair dry. Just take a sufficient amount, lather it with plenty of water. This hair care tips for long hair help your hair to be smooth and shiny.
- Gently massaging your hair is the number three hair routine for long hair when washing your hair. When washing your hair, do not use your hands to scratch the oily skin or tangle your hair when washing. This habit makes the scalp more susceptible to damage, scratches, and hair loss. Our hair care tips for long hair is that you should brush your hair before washing, while washing, use your fingertips to gently massage the scalp in a spiral motion to clean the scalp and increase blood circulation.
- Using conditioners is the number four hair care for long hair when washing your hair. Many people mistakenly believe that applying conditioner from root to tip is better for the hair. But in fact, it will leave an excess of conditioner, when rinsing with water, it is difficult to remove all the conditioner and increase the amount of hair loss. Our hair care tips for long hair is that you should only use the amount of conditioner from half of the hair to the ends and rinse with water. For people with oily scalp, it is recommended to use conditioner before shampooing to make hair smooth without quickly greasy.
- Don’t wash your hair too often is the number five hair routine for long hair when washing your hair. Washing your hair every day can make your hair dry and damaged. It is recommended to wash your hair up to 3 times a week to keep the natural oils that nourish and protect the hair from being lost.
Use hair care treatment weekly: hair care tips for long hair
Washing your hair is not enough to maintain smooth and silky hair because healthy hair requires more intensive treatment. When the hair is dry and frizzy, there is a lack of nutrients. That’s why this hair care tips for long hair is extremely important.
To quickly get soft shiny hair, intensive weekly hair care is essential. You should go to the salon to massage and steam your hair 1-2 times a week based on your budget. Or another hair care tips for long hair which is creating natural masks such as coconut oil, gac oil, egg yolk to take care of your hair every week at home.
Choose the right comb: hair care tips for long hair
The hair care process is not simple, even how you choose the comb to brush your hair is also a matter of concern. In this hair care tips for long hair, we suggest that when your hair is wet, you should not brush with a dense tooth comb, but use a wide-tooth comb for better results.
In addition, a comb with mixed bristles also helps you protect your hair from rubbing. This hair care tips for long hair prevent your hair from being tangled and frizzy as well as help your long hair look smooth and silky.
We have given you our best hair care tips for long hair that we truly think will help your hair to be in the best condition. Maintaining the smoothness and silkiness of long hair is not easy, especially when you are busy and don’t have enough time to go to the salon every week. Our hair care tips for long hair are extremely easy and convenient since they are already in your daily routine. You just have to pay more attention to these daily task to achieve your desire long hair,